With the lockdown in full force, here’s a handy nail tutorial from Nails by Mets founder, Metta, on how you can paint your nails like a professional at home. This DIY guide is easy to follow and all featured products can be purchased directly from the Nails by Mets online store (UK shipping).
• CND™️ Ridge Fx ~ great base coat which helps fill in any ridges/mask any imperfections
• CND™️ VINYLUX™️ in Kiss from a Rose ~ from the English Garden Collection
• CND™️ VINYLUX™️ Top Coat ~ our favourite! Dried in 8.5 minutes & provides ultimate shine. The longer you wear it, the more hard wearing it becomes!
• Give your bare nails a wipe with acetone or alcohol to remove any oils from the surface ~ this will make the post stick better to your nail
• First coat of colour should be a bit uneven and patchy – don’t try to get a smooth/opaque finish with this layer or it’ll be too thick
• Don’t press down on the 2nd coat or top coat, simply float the colour and with layers you can be a bit more generous. Pressing down will cause the first layer to streak
• Finish your manicure with a slick of cuticle oil or cuticle balm to hydrate the skin around the nails 💦
Hope you enjoy the tutorial and we can’t wait to get back on the road, and see you all again soon!